From early in its history, Moravek has strived to raise the standard for purity and quality of radiolabeled compounds through rigorous purification and exceptionally well documented structural confirmation and compound purity. In the 1990’s the National Institutes of Health awarded Moravek two grants totaling one million dollars that lead to the establishment of Moravek as a leading supplier of labeled anti-cancer and anti-viral compounds.
In 2009 Moravek doubled the size of its primary carbon-14 production facility. At that time eighteen additional new ten foot fume hoods were commissioned. In recent years, five Thermo Electron LC/MS/MS quadrupole ion traps, and thirty-seven HPLC and UPLC instruments have been installed to support purification and quality control activities.
Modern chiral and non-chiral HPLC media and preparative GCs are also now used extensively to achieve exceptionally high levels of radiochemical, chiral and chemical purity.
After 40 years of consistent growth and commitment to radiosynthesis, purification, quality control and quality assurance of high quality labeled compounds for research and for clinical trials, Moravek is now established as an exceptionally capable and responsive provider of custom radiolabeling services including standard research grade, GLP and GMP [14C] API compounds.
Solutions offered by Moravek include
- Custom GMP radiolabeling of [14C] APIs – suitable for use in clinical trials
- Method transfer, development, validation and system suitability under GLP or GMP
- GLP custom synthesis of labeled and non-labeled compounds
- Custom synthesis of [14C], [3H], stable labeled and non-labeled compounds – non-GMP
- Catalog of labeled compounds – 2,000 exceptionally high quality catalog items for standard research
- Analytical services – NMR of various nuclides, MS, GC/MS, LC/MS, HPLC, UPLC, Karl Fischer and more
- Stability studies – carried out with NIST traceable temperature tracking and qualified HPLC systems
- Purification – by various methods including HPLC, flash chromatography and lobar
- Comprehensive logistics services – storing, dispensing, shipping, chain of custody and temperature tracking